Sign Up Requirements - Documents Needed to Become a Seller
- PAN Card should be in the name of your business. [Exception: Sole Proprietorship]
- PAN card photocopy should be attested [signed & stamped] by an authorized signatory of the business.
- Cancelled cheque from company bank account for verification.
- Cheque should be in the name of the registered business address.
- If the business name is not present, company stamp should be printed on cancelled cheque, or self declaration should be attached on company letter -head along with the cheque.
- In case of non-availability of a valid GST, a self-declaration form on the company letter head along with signature and stamp has to be submitted
- GST image should be attested (signed and stamped) by the authorized signatory of the business.
- Address proof of registered business address.
- Address Proof photocopy should be attested (signed and stamped) by authorized signatory of the business.
Obligations of the Seller
- Seller shall maintain records of all the Products purchased by the Buyers through the Platform, orders, all returns, reconciliation, etc., as may be required for audit and regulatory purposes and for the Platform’s customer service purposes.
- During the Term, Seller shall appoint a representative, who shall be Karmaplace’s point of contact for any and all matters related to this Agreement, including all sales and delivery related matters.
- Seller shall be solely responsible and liable for any complaints and queries of Buyers with respect to the Products, non-delivery of the Products purchased or any complaints with respect to the quality or quantity of the Products delivered.
- Seller shall be solely responsible for making any representations or warranties with respect to the quality of the Product to the Buyer, including all relevant Product warranties.
- Seller shall, at all times, comply with all applicable laws including without limitation compliance with laws relating to sales tax, VAT etc. Seller would be responsible for any taxes applicable in India.
- At no point shall market their products or website directly to Karmaplace customers - either online or offline.
- Karmaplace would sale your products on different partner’s website & also use your brand/store name for promotion.
Obligations of the seller on Malpractice
- Seller confirms and understands that selling and delivering wrong, fake, duplicate, spurious, counterfeit, damaged, defective, refurbished or previously owned Products through the Platform will cause great prejudice and harm to the reputation and goodwill of Karmaplace and may also cause harm and prejudice to the Buyers. Seller acknowledges and warrants that Seller shall not sell any Product which may cause prejudice or harm to the reputation and goodwill of Karmaplace. Karmaplace reserves the right to impose and deduct from the outstanding payments of the Seller without prior consent of the Seller or recover damages from the Seller if the Seller is found to be involved in any malpractice.
- Seller undertakes and agrees that product Catalogue listing details in Karmaplace portal shall be true, correct, and duly authorized and shall not be misleading, fraudulent, false, unauthorized, illegal and shall not contain any misrepresentation of facts to induce users for ordering for Sellers products listed on Karmaplace portal. If the Seller is found to be involved in any such misrepresentation or illegal activity, the Seller acknowledges that Karmaplace reserves its right to terminate this Agreement immediately and claim damages apart from making itself liable for criminal prosecution.
- Seller undertakes and agrees to dispatch and deliver only that/those products which were ordered by the User on Portal and not to dispatch empty box or any other product of lesser value. If Seller is found to be involved dispatching or delivering empty box or any other product of lesser value to the user thereby resulting in loss of reputation or goodwill, the same shall be regarded as gross violation of the terms and conditions of the Agreement and Seller acknowledges that Karmaplace reserves its right to take actions.
- Seller undertakes and confirms that it deals only in original, legitimate and genuine Products which are either self-manufactured and/or procured from legitimate channels and in compliance with all the legal requirements. Seller further undertakes that it shall not sell fake/spurious/non authentic products on the Platform. For the purpose of this Agreement, fake/spurious/non authentic products shall means and include the following:-
- If the product received by the User is different from that shown/displayed in the image uploaded on Karmaplace’s site by the Seller
- If the Seller is not authorized to sell a product which may either be branded /non branded)
- If a Seller commits a warranty for a product on Karmaplace website which it is not authorized to do
- If the Seller interchanges warranties between seller and brand
- If the Seller tampers with Maximum Retail Price (MRP) label of the product, uses outdated packages, makes false representation as to price, date and quality and tampers with any packaging as mandated by Legal Metrology Act and all other applicable laws.
If the Seller is found to be selling fake/spurious/non authentic products, the same shall amount to gross violation under this agreement and the Seller acknowledges that Karmaplace reserves its right to take actions.
Seller undertakes and confirms that while listing the inventory of the product, the Seller has physical possession and owns such quantity of product as listed on Karmaplace and further undertakes to fulfill the orders placed by the user promptly. In the event of delay in shipment/delivery of products or Seller cancellation of orders due to non-availability of products, the Seller acknowledges that Karmaplace reserves its right to take actions
Seller acknowledges that Karmaplace has the right to cap the maximum quantity of product that the Seller may list in Karmaplace website in order to control the maximum number of order Seller can receive and deliver the orders on time.
Seller confirms Seller shall not create multiple accounts with Karmaplace which may lead to misrepresentation of identity of the account holders of those accounts. Seller may also not create multiple IDs under the category of user wherein the identities of those user accounts do not represent the Seller. Seller is in gross violation of the Agreement if he holds multiple user or Seller accounts.
Transfer of ownership of product, logistics and consumer rights
- Seller agrees that Karmaplace’s role is limited to managing the Platform for the display of the Products and other incidental services to facilitate the transactions between Seller and the Buyers. Accordingly, Karmaplace is merely an intermediary and the Platform is only a platform where the Seller may offer its Products for sale. The contract for sale of any of the Products shall be a strictly bipartite contract between Seller and the Buyer. At no time shall Karmaplace have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such contract nor shall Karmaplace hold any rights, title or interest in the Products. Karmaplace shall not be responsible for any unsatisfactory or delayed performance of the Seller including delays as a result of the Products being out of stock.
- The ownership in the Products purchased will be transferred to the Buyer after successful delivery of the same at the destination provided by the Buyer, until which the ownership in the Products shall vest with the Seller alone. As a large market place, Karmaplace will extend its services to Sellers by giving mandates to logistic partners for facilitating the smooth functioning of the transaction between Seller and the Buyer.
- Seller will offer standard manufacturers or seller’s warranty actually associated with the Products. However, the Parties agree that repair, replacement or 100% (one hundred percent) refund of money will be given to the Buyer against manufacturing defect or damage. Seller shall issue a suitable, duly stamped, manufacturer’s warranty card to the Buyer with the Product at the time of dispatch of the Product, if applicable. The Parties also agree and acknowledge that the primary and sole responsibility for redressal of the Buyer’s complaints will rest solely with Seller at all times
Representations and Warranties
The Parties hereby represent and warrant to each other as under:
- The Parties have all requisite power and authority to execute the Agreement, deliver and perform their obligations under this Agreement and have been fully authorized by all requisite corporate actions to do so; and
- The execution and performance of this Agreement by either Party does not and will not violate any provision of any existing agreement, law, rule, regulation, any order or judicial pronouncement.
- The Seller undertakes that, at all times during the Term of this Agreement, it will:
- abide by the terms and conditions of the Agreement, the Karmaplace Policies and the other Platform policies, as may be applicable to the Seller;
- not offer for sale/sell/deliver any Banned Products or refurbished Products on the Platform;
- deliver the Products to the Buyers in a timely manner consistent with the terms of this Agreement; and
- deliver the Products in accordance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, governmental orders, etc., and applicable codes of practice, now or hereafter in effect, relating to the Seller’s performance under this Agreement.
- Seller is using the Platform provided and owned by Karmaplace;
- The permission granted by Karmaplace to use the Platform as an online market place is on a non-exclusive basis;
- Karmaplace reserves the right to deny access to, or revoke, such permission to use the Seller Panel and/or Platform at any time;
- Karmaplace shall have the right to remove the listing of any Product being offered for sale by Seller;
- Karmaplace shall have the right to offer discounts, run promotion campaigns on the Selling Price to the Buyers from Karmaplace’s Commission. Seller shall not object to the provision of such discounts given by Karmaplace
- Any and all data derived as a result of this Agreement will be owned by Karmaplace and Seller shall have the right to utilize such data for the duration of the Term of this Agreement to fulfill Seller’s obligations hereunder; and
- For the duration of the Term, the Platform shall be maintained by Karmaplace. The ownership of the Platform shall vest with Karmaplace and Karmaplace shall make its best efforts to deal with any technical issues affecting the Platform (such as, for instance, the Platform becoming inoperative. Karmaplace does not warrant that the Seller will be able to use the Platform and offer for sale the Seller’s Products at all times or locations on the Platform or that the Platform and the services provided through the Platform will be uninterrupted or error-free or that the defects will be corrected by Karmaplace.
- Except as agreed to by the Parties, the data of Buyers will be the exclusive property of Karmaplace, and Seller will not use the same for Seller’s own purpose or distribute such data in any form or means except for the purpose of this Agreement and shall keep it confidential at all times.
- In the event of any breach or delay in the fulfillment of Seller’s obligations by Seller, due to any reason, Karmaplace shall not be held liable/responsible. Karmaplace shall not be liable for the sale of the Products by Seller through the Platform or any loss incurred by Seller or the Buyer therefrom.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Both Parties agree that the brands/logos, trademarks, etc., belonging to each Party are the exclusive property of the respective Party and cannot in any circumstances be used, or copied, or altered in any manner which is identical/ similar the brands/logos/trademarks of the other Party without being specifically authorized in writing by that other Party. Seller recognizes and confirms that Karmaplace has the exclusive right to supervise, allow and reject the contents of the Platform. Karmaplace shall not be liable for contents and images shared, uploaded or displayed on the Platform by the Seller regarding the Seller’s Products and all consequent liability will be borne by the Seller only.
- Seller hereby grants to Karmaplace the right to display/delist the Products (as updated or to be updated by Seller on the Seller Panel at any/all times) along with the related logo and/or trademark and/or brand name, etc., of the Products for marketing/selling through the Platform.
- Seller hereby authorize Karmaplace to use and include Seller’s trademarks (as may be provided by Seller from time to time) and Seller’s corporate name on the Platform and in any directory or promotional material produced in connection with the promotion of the Platform or the Products offered by Seller on the Platform.
- Seller acknowledges that Karmaplace is merely an intermediary with respect to the Products listed on the Platform. However, on receiving written notification of any alleged infringement of third party intellectual property rights due to display or sale of any Products/third party trademark or copyrighted matter on the Platform (including availability or sale of counterfeit goods on the Platform), Karmaplace may, at its own discretion, remove / delist the allegedly infringing Products / content from the Platform, with or without prior notice to Seller.
Anti-bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy
The Parties agree to conduct all their dealings in a very ethical manner and with the highest business standards. The Seller agrees to comply with Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy and adopt appropriate processes to prevent offering any illegal gratification in the form of bribes or gifts either in cash or in kind in the course of all dealings with Karmaplace or any other third parties for the purpose of this Agreement. Any instances of such violations will be viewed in a serious manner and Karmaplace reserves the right to take all appropriate actions or remedies as may be required under the circumstances. The Seller will provide all possible assistance to Karmaplace in order to investigate any possible instances of unethical behavior or business conduct violations by an employee or hired person of the Seller.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION, GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: If any dispute arises between the Parties hereto during the subsistence of this Agreement or thereafter, in connection with, or arising out of, this Agreement, the dispute shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (Indian) to be adjudicated by a sole arbitrator to be appointed by Karmaplace. Arbitration shall be held at Mumbai, India. The proceedings of arbitration shall be in the English language. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding on the Parties. The Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The courts of Mumbai, India, shall have exclusive jurisdiction in connection with this Agreement.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: The parties shall not at any time divulge, or allow to be divulged to any person, any Confidential Information unless the said information comes in public domain without breach by either Party however, no party shall be precluded from disclosing any information to the extent required in the legal proceedings. Confidential information would include but not be limited to Buyer details, market information, all work Products and documents related thereto, the contents of the Platform or any other information which is treated as confidential by Karmaplace, and any other information, whether oral or in writing, received or to be received by Seller which is agreed to be treated under the same terms, whether expressly or by implication. The obligations under this Clause shall survive the termination of this Agreement
- FORCE MAJEURE: No Party shall be liable for failure to perform its obligations due to Force Majeure.
- NOTICES: to be served by email or post to the addresses as stated above.
- ASSIGNMENT: Parties shall not have the right to assign this Agreement except assigned to affiliates.
- MODIFICATION: Shall be effective or binding if agreed in writing by authorized representatives.
- Adult goods and services which includes pornography and other sexually suggestive materials (including literature, imagery and other media); escort or prostitution services;
- Alcohol which includes Alcohol or alcoholic beverages such as beer, liquor, wine, or champagne;
- Body parts which includes organs or other body parts;
- Bulk marketing tools which includes email lists, software, or other products enabling unsolicited email messages (Spam);
- Cable descramblers and black boxes which includes devices intended to obtain cable and satellite signals for free;
- Child pornography which includes pornographic materials involving minors;
- Copyright unlocking devices which includes Mod chips or other devices designed to circumvent copyright protection;
- Copyrighted media, which includes unauthorized copies of books, music, movies, and other licensed or protected materials;
- Copyrighted software, which includes unauthorized copies of software, video games and other licensed or protected materials, including OEM or bundled software;
- Counterfeit and unauthorized goods which includes replicas or imitations of designer goods; items without a celebrity endorsement that would normally require such an association; fake autographs, counterfeit stamps, and other potentially unauthorized goods;
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia which includes illegal drugs and drug accessories, including herbal drugs like salvia and magic mushrooms;
- Drug test circumvention aids which includes drug cleansing shakes, urine test additives, and related items;
- Endangered species, which includes plants, animals or other organisms (including product derivatives) in danger of extinction;
- Gaming/gambling which includes lottery tickets, sports bets, memberships/ enrolment in online gambling sites, and related content; Government IDs or documents which includes fake IDs, passports, diplomas, and noble titles;
- Hacking and cracking materials which includes manuals, how-to guides, information, or equipment enabling illegal access to software, servers, websites, or other protected property;
- Illegal goods, which includes materials, products, or information promoting illegal goods or enabling illegal acts;
- Miracle cures which includes unsubstantiated cures, remedies or other items marketed as quick health fixes;
- Offensive goods, which includes literature, products or other materials that: a) Defame or slander any person or groups of people based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, or other factors b) Encourage or incite violent acts c) Promote intolerance or hatred;
- Offensive goods, crime that includes crime scene photos or items, such as personal belongings, associated with criminals;
- Pyrotechnic devices and hazardous materials which includes fireworks and related goods; toxic, flammable, and radioactive materials and substances;
- Regulated goods which includes air bags; batteries containing mercury; Freon or similar substances/refrigerants; chemical/industrial solvents; government uniforms; car titles; license plates; police badges and law enforcement equipment; lock-picking devices; pesticides; postage meters; recalled items; slot machines; surveillance equipment; goods regulated by government or other agency specifications;
- Securities, which includes stocks, bonds, or related financial products;
- Tobacco and cigarettes which includes cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, and related products;
- Traffic devices, which includes radar detectors/hammers, license plate covers, traffic signal changers, and related products;
- Weapons which includes firearms, ammunition, knives, brass knuckles, gun parts, and other armaments;
- Wholesale currency, which includes discounted currencies or currency, exchanges;
- Live animals;
- Multi Level marketing collection fees;
- Matrix sites or sites using a matrix scheme approach;
- Work-at-home information;
- Collecting and effecting / remitting payments directly /indirectly outside India in any form towards overseas foreign exchange trading through electronic/internet trading portals; and
- Any product or service, which is not in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations whether federal, state, local or international including the all laws of India
COMMONLY USED TERMS
Order IDAn order ID is generated every time an order is placed by a customer. This is a unique identifier for any order placed at Karmaplace. Since a single order might comprise of multiple items so an order ID might contain multiple item IDs.
Item IDAn item ID is an ID given to a product when an order is created. It is contained within an order id.
Product IDA product ID is unique identifier for a product – merchant combination. Same product being sold by different merchants will have different PIDs depending on the merchant.
Merchant IDA unique number given to every merchant.
Merchant SKU IDMerchant SKU [stock-keeping unit] ID is the ID given to a product by the merchant.
Karmaplace KIN IDKarmaplace KIN [stock-keeping unit] ID is an ID given by Karmaplace to a product since the Merchant SKU ID are generated by the Seller and may coincide.
Category IDAn ID given to a category.
AWB numberAir Way Bill numbers are used to track the order and know exactly where the order is in the delivery process. It is mostly used by the delivery partners.
Manifest IDThe manifest for multiple orders is processed together. These orders all have the same manifest ID. All orders with the same manifest ID are given to one courier partner together. So the manifest ID is used to track the ‘package’ of multiple items given to the courier partner all with different order IDs, fulfillment ID, invoices, but the same Manifest IDs.
Return Policy IDEvery item listed on Karmaplace is listed against a particular return policy which is identified by a Return Policy Number. This in turn defines the return related terms and conditions for the customer.
Transfer PriceAt times, Karmaplace may decide the Selling Price of a particular listing belonging to a seller. In such cases, the seller decides the Transfer Price which will get transferred to him/her as payout once the product gets sold.
Seller Panel This is the interface which is used by the seller in order to upload his products, manage his listings, process orders and perform other vital tasks related to a selling on Karmaplace. This panel can help your track and manage your orders and sales along with approving commissions.
Sales and Promotions
We are in constant search of finding new ways to help you engage better with customers. This helps bring visibility to your products and in turn increases sales. form time-to-time we roll out promotions to help increase business for you. There are various kinds of promotions and you can read all about them below:
Participating in Promotions
Participating in any of the promotional campaigns is as simple as it gets. If your are shortlisted for any upcoming promotional campaigns, you will receive an invitational e-mail from us. You will be required to share a list of products you wish to showcase for the particular promotion. The list is screened by us and a final communication is sent out to you; if your products (partially/completely) qualify for the promotion.
Benefits of Promotions
We try to boost the sales by providing extra discount, cashback and more to our customers. Through promotional campaigns, products will receive better visibility on the Karmaplace website/app.
Based on the campaign, you will receive a necessary detail which includes the discounts percentages/ amounts and other incentives that you will need to give on your products.
What will be the structure of commissions and logistics?
Standard charges for commissions will apply. Domestic Shipping: Seller will bear the charges for transferring goods from their seller place to karmaplace warehouse (Mumbai), International Charges: Karmaplace will bear the international Shipping charges from Karmaplace warehouse to end customer in USA or any part of world. In case of any changes in the same, the detailed structure will be provided in the invitational e-mail.
The process explained above has certain exceptions which can be understood as below:-
For certain low valued products, Karmaplace refunds the customer without arranging a pickup. In such cases the Seller does not bear any costs.
Policies & Timelines
Depending on the category a product belongs to, the return reasons and applicable return policies available with the customer can be found here.
Legal Clauses related to Returns
* Vendor is not responsible for returns due to customer changed mind etc.
Applies to all products:
|Return Reasons at Mumbai for which Seller is responsible|
|Wrong Product Received by KP||Item will not be shipped to customer. Vendor is responsible for return/replacement from Mumbai. Vendor pays for return shipping from Mumbai.||We will contact vendor within 48 hours of receiving the product|
|Damaged Product Received by KP||Item will not be shipped to customer. Vendor is responsible for return/replacement from Mumbai. Vendor pays for return shipping from Mumbai.||We will contact vendor within 48 hours of receiving the product|
|Required documentation missing (if the product requires it)||If the item is not shippable abroad due to missing documentation, vendor must supply it within 24 hours or return/replacement from Mumbai. Vendor pays for return shipping from Mumbai.||We will contact vendor within 48 hours of receiving the product|
|Item arrives grossly delayed||If the item arrives past the stipulated delivery time and customer has requested cancellation, we may hold the item for fulfillment with another order, or the item would be returned. Vendor pays for return shipping from Mumbai.||We will contact vendor within 48 hours of receiving the product|
|Return Reasons from US for which Seller is responsible|
|Item is not as described - size, color, etc||Customer must ship the product back to our US hub within 7 days. Customer may be provided with a refund/replacement. KP pays for return shipping to Mumbai, Vendor pays for return shipping from Mumbai to their location||We will contact vendor within 48 hours of receiving the product|
|Original product may be warehoused with us in USA for re-sale or shipped back to Mumbai|
Return Dispute Resolution
You can take advantage of the right to raise a dispute relating to returns. Karmaplace will decide such cases after a certain level of investigation. For raising a dispute relating to returns, you can send us a mail at info@Karmaplace.com within 72 hours of receiving the return.
Karmaplace takes pride in offering you the fastest payment cycle. We have ensured that payments are made twice a month for sales done by you.
How would you know?
Once the order changes to ‘Delivered‘ status, you will get a payment e-mail from us. An attached PDF invoice gives you an idea of your order & your earnings.Please note that the payout is made after deducting sum of marketplace commission + penalty if any from your selling price .
The funds are transferred in your bank account. Please allow 2-3 working days for the amount to reflect in your account as banks normally take that to process them.
- Payment Dashboard: The sellers will be able to make use of Payment Dashboard very soon as it is expected to go live very soon with a feature where sellers would be able to view the date wise break up of their payments.
- All Payments: This tab gives an insight to all your earnings, deductions or penalties. You can view payment break ups by clicking on ‘View Payment Details‘ under this tab. Check for any deductions on order under ‘View Orders‘. You will be able to download Order CSV file to check for orders.
- Unpaid Orders: This tab has a detailed list of all the unpaid orders and allows you to download Order CSV file . You can easily access and view logistics and marketplace fees here along with deductions [if any] that you would have to bear for certain product refunds.
- All Orders: The last tab under ‘Payments’ is ‘All Orders’ where you can view all your order payouts with their complete status.Incase you are looking for more information, you can also check: