Best 8 : Hair Care Tips For 2021
Your hair is said to be the best part about you and who does not want shinny, lustrous, long and thick hair?
- If you trying to stop your hair from thinning or trying to make your hair frizz free then try these beautiful DIY hair mask which are so simple to make and I am sure you will readily find the ingredients for these at your home.
- These DIY mask will help you to get rid of flaky, itchy scalp and dry and fine hair problems.
- Before I get into telling you’ll all about home mask for your hair, let me tell you all these mask work beautifully externally to rejuvenate your hair and to protect it from pollution and sunlight etc. but to make your hair stronger internally you should eat healthy.
- Please do incorporate Eggs, Berries, Spinach, Nuts, Seed, Fatty Fish like Salmon, Herring and mackerel (if you are a vegetarian please take a Omega – 3 tablet everyday)
1. For Brittle Hair
- Brittle hair can lead to increased fizziness, dullness, and breakage. You should strengthen your strands to decrease the breakage and brittleness of your hair.
- Egg yolks are and easy fix for this problem and they also help nourish your hair follicles.
- DIY Mask – Mix a tea spoon of lemon juice, 2 egg yolks and 1 tea spoon of olive oil.
- Mix all these ingredients well. Start applying this mask from the roots till the ends of your hair. Let this mask sit for at least 40 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes for it to really penetrate into your hair.
- The lemon in this mask will help reduce the egg smell so it will be totally bearable for you keep this mask for an hour. Rinse off you hair thoroughly with luke warm water and your normal conditioner.
2. Managing those messy curls
- I know how annoying managing your curls can be, and if not managed well your hair looks frizzy uncombed and messy all the time. Define those curls instead of fighting them.
- Make this homemade curl enhancer made of honey and molasses. (A syrup made out of refining sugarcane) Honey and molasses are natural humectants (ingredients that lock in moisture) and can make those unmanageable curls manageable while hydrating the thirsty hair.
- DIY Mask – ½ cup of molasses or maple syrup, ¼ cup olive oil, 5 table spoon of honey, 2 ripe bananas, 4 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 table spoon of all purpose flour and 2 egg whites.
- You can adjust the consistency of the ingredients according to the desired thickness.
- Mix all the above ingredients together, heat it and remove all the lumps formed. (Add the egg whites after the mixture is heated and cooled down)
- Make 6 to 8 partitions in your hair, apply the sweet mixture evenly covering each and every hair from root to the ends and cover with a shower cap. Leave this for 60 to 80 minutes and rinse it thoroughly with Luke warm water. Make sure there are no lumps caught up in your waves.
3. Thinning hair
- A lot of people have naturally thin hair, the result of having this kind of baby fine hair is, your scalp is visible giving the illusion of you loosing hair and going bald. Having this kind of hair is particularly stressful because you cannot afford to loose any more hair.
- Try using a protein rich treatment to plum up and nourish those thin hair strands.
- Also please do consider eating amino rich food in your daily diet to enhance the hairs elasticity, add thickness and strengthen the roots.
- DIY Mask – Mix two ripe banana, two egg yolks, 3 table spoon of honey, 2 table spoon of avocado or olive oil, and 3 table spoon of hair spa 2 tea spoon of lemon juice.
- Blend all the above ingredients together until you get a smooth fluffy puree. Apply this puree on each strand of your hair. Keep this for 45-50 minutes in your hair. You can rinse off your hair with cold water.
- You will find your hair fluffy and consistent use of this mask will result in thickening of your hair as well. Apply this hair mask at least once a week.
4. Damaged and dry strands
- Due to the excess pollution and dust in the air, our skin and hair tend to get affected and become dull and dry. You need to take extra care of your hair to protect it from all the pollution, dust and sun.
- Moisturize your hair on a regular basis or your dry strands will be further damaged and become brittle and result in frizz and split-ends.
- Invest in a paraben free shampoo and deep nourishing hair spa.
- You can also opt for an intensive overnight treatment if you think you conditioner is not giving you the desired results.
- DIY Mask - The best remedy to manage dry hair is to take 3-4 teaspoons of coconut oil, heat it and apply it on the scalp. (Use coconut oil only for thick hair) If you have thin hair use avocado or olive oil instead as these oils are lighter compared to coconut oil.
- After applying the oil give your scalp a good massage with the tip of you fingers for about 15- 20 minutes. This will increase the blood circulation to your scalp. Wear a shower cap and keep a towel on your pillow and sleep.
- Wake up the next morning and give your hair the hot towel therapy. This will help the oil infiltrate the hair and scalp even further, rejuvenating your hair strands.
- Take a towel dip it in boiling hot water and keep it in for 5 minutes. Wear gloves in your hand and remove the towel out with a tong.
- After 20 seconds of the towel cooling a little squeeze out the excess liquid and then wrap this cloth around your head and leave it until the towel has cooled down completely.
- You can cover the cloth with a shower cap as well for it to stay in place. The shower cap will also help you to lock in the heat in.
- This mask will help you help moisturize your hair deeply and the steaming process will help increase the softness and stimulate hair growth.
5. Itchy scalp?
- An itchy scalp can be due to various reasons. Dandruff, dryness or something more serious like psoriasis. If you have something serious please do visit a doctor. But if you just have dandruff or dryness you can try the following home remedies to get rid of them.
- You could also buy some over the counter shampoo and conditioners for itchy scalp but in my experience they make your hair extremely dry and frizzy and I hate hate hate using these products.
- DIY Mask – Trust me this is the best remedy for a itchy scalp. Buy some pure neem oil (this oil will smell really bitter, but don’t worry the smell will go once you shampoo and condition your hair. Take 2 tea spoon of neem oil, break 2 capsules of vitamin – e oil in it, add 3-4 drops of tea tree oil and make this mixture luke warm. Apply the mixture on the scalp and leave it over night. Please do wear a shower cap to avoid any oil stains on the pillow.
- Vitamin – e oil will help you moisturize your scalp
- Tea tree oil will help you get rid of get rid of itchiness
- Neem oil will help suppress inflammation, which will help in treating any kind of scalp irritation, dandruff and it is anti-fungal as well. It also stimulates in hair growth.
- Apply this once a week for a month and believe me all your scalp issues will vanish.
6. Dull lifeless hair?
- Friction, pollution, hot water, humidity and dust are all causes of dull lifeless hair. Now we definitely cannot avoid all these things as we go out on a daily basis. We need to lock in shine in our hair and other outer most layer of our hair needs to fall flat for it to shine.
- Too much of use of chemicals and shampoos may also result in lifeless hair. You need to cleanse and clarify your cuticles for the hair to heal internally and get back life in them.
- DIY Mask – Instead of shampoo try using a Apple cider vinegar rinse once a week. This will help reduce the use of chemicals in your hair.
- To clarify and smoothen your cuticles take 2 table spoon of apple cider vinegar with 3/4th cup of water and mix well. Damp your hair and spray this mixture in a spray bottle and slowly spray it on each strand of your hair.
- Let it sink in for 5 to 10 minutes and repeat the procedure one more time and again let it sink for 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water and then follow up with a paraben free conditioner.
- The acidity in the apple cider vinegar helps balance the Ph. level of your hair which will help clean the cuticle and make it shine.
7. Flat hair
- Give life less flat hair some bounce with this hair mask made with oatmeal and almond oil. This mask will give you best results when applied on damp hair (not soaking wet)
- DIY Mask – Combine ½ cup of oats powder 3 table spoon of almond oil ½ cup of regular raw milk. Combine all the ingredients mix well and make sure there are no lumps formed. Divide your hair in 8 partitions and apply this mask properly on each partition. At the end of it apply the remaining mask on the top of your head. Leave it for 50-60 minutes (The longer the better)
- Wash your hair with paraben free shampoo and conditioner. Please do not use hot water to wash your hair. You hair will surely feel fuller and bouncier after the wash.
8. Excessive hair fall
- All of us have gone through this problem at some point in our lives, the reasons are multiple. Stress, hormonal imbalance, too much usage of products, pollution, dirt, dust excessive use of straightener and heat on your scalp etc.
- I am going to recommend a couple of mask for this. They will definitely help you reduce the hair fall problem.
DIY Mask -1
- Massage the scalp one night prior with a hot oil champi.
- Wake up in the morning and grind 3 red onions in a blender and squeeze out the juice from the pulp. Remove this juice in a spray bottle and pray this juice in your scalp and hair.
- Slowly massage your scalp with you fingers and leave this juice in for 1 hour. Wash your hair off normally with chemical free shampoo.
- I know this is going to be a little smelly but onion has shown to patchy scalp by promoting hair growth. Onion also help with the blood circulation to the cuticle which in turn increase hair growth from the follicle.
DIY Mask -2
- Soak 3 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds over night. Blend it into a paste in the morning. Take a stem of Aloe Vera and remove the pulp out and put it in a blender add 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk. Add the pulp of fenugreek seeds as well. Blend well and make this into a paste.
- Apply this mask on your hair properly and keep it for at least and hour. If you have some more time on hand you can even keep it for about 80-90 minutes.
- Aloe Vera helps keep the scalp healthy and deeply nourishes your hair. It also promotes hair growth and prevent the hair from falling as well.
- The bottom line to all this is if want to improve the quality of your hair you need to pamper it once a week with a hot oil champi and a homemade chemical free hair mask.
- Please do not forget to eat healthy food and proteins as well.
Let me know which mask worked for you.